The shop pages are the place where users can increase their status by purchasing monthly or yearly subscriptions. The challenge was to increase conversion, ease the user journey and make everything mobile responsive. I was in charge of transforming these needs into a visual product.
Working closely with the product manager, content editors and marketing department I aimed to gain a deeper understanding of the current system, the business and user needs and to agree on a common ground for the project. Using Google Analytics I researched the demographics and user behaviour and this helped me take understand the project from a users perspective.
After I gathered all the information regarding the project scope, I went to ux.stackexchange.com to look out for possible usability issues with various elements existing on the current page. The idea was that we had to create importance and value to the existing products. For example when making pricing table, I have reversed the order of products from expensive to cheap as this was said to increase sales (after we built the pages, we AB tested this theory and this proved to be right, increasing the conversion to checkout by 11%).
Using Axure I created the wireframes and the responsive behaviour of the pages. I talked with the developers and designers throughout implementation to make sure the structure of the pages was in line with the prototypes. I also helped the Content editor with IA of the content in terms of how to address the users in a friendly concise manner and give out all the required information and build trust in the product.
Overall with the refreshed design, the good structure of the elements and fluid layout we have ticked all the boxes and managed to increase sales by 12 %. The last year at pokerstrategy with the work I have put in with AB and multivariate testing saw us hitting the yearly profit target in August
Whilst working at Pokerstrategy I was involved in the continuous improvement of different areas of the webiste. I looked at the conversion channels of different sections and try to improve where drop-outs were significant using Google Analytics.
I worked on the poker tools page. This is a page where users choose between a variety of poker tools then buy the app that will help them in getting better at poker.
I researched the tools that users most use on our community. At poker strategy there is a forum where users interact with each other and moderators. This is of great value as there is constant communication between business and users.
I understood from my research that the most valuable tools for the users were PokerTracker and HM2. As well I understood the value that each would bring to poker strategy itself by asking the head of Product the value each tool brings. I talked with B2B Account managers to understand relationships between the products and Pokerstrategy.
Going on UXStackExchange I researched on shop pages and how do users make decisions when confronted with variety. From my research, understanding of business needs and from the knowledge of UX principles, I began to conceptualise on the design itself.
I created 2 versions of the page and decided to AB test the findings. I wanted to test in 2 stages:
The page would get around 5000 visits per week. Out of these the conversion was only of 12%. I set up to increase this number by at least 5%. The plan was to run the test on a week of traffic, which would give enough feedback to choose the better option. As well the page was not responsive, so from my expectations, just by making the page responsive the conversion would be bigger.
I set up the page, changed the information architecture of elements focusing on the ones that users loved the most. I redesigned the page using the existing guidelines and implemented the tracking codes for Google Analytics. I’ve sent it to the english Content Editor to introduce the content from the previous page without some chunks that were not needed.
After the week of testing, the results were in and they were as follows:
The conversion was not significant but improved so I’ve presented these findings to the Head of Product and implemented the 1.b. - 2.a. page.