Case Study is a gaming website that offers a variety of casino games and in the process of implementing lottery, poker and sport. After the handover of the project, I was in charge of Design and User Experience. The USP of Luck is to offer a cross channel platform tailored to users needs.


The challenge? Create a product that was not only different from our competitors but have a seamless user experience. For that the aesthetic of the website needed a revamp to current web trends. The second was to fix usability issues that the current site has such as having a hard to follow sitemap leaving the users stranded between pages.


As a first step I decided to improve the overall experience for the 48%+ users accessing the platform on mobile devices.

I started researching user behaviour on the website with the existing data. Looking at Google Analytics I have drawn out an user journey and presented it to make the team aware of the usability of the website. With this aside I talked to Customer Service and asked them a few questions about our users as customer service are in touch with them on a regular basis.

After beginning to conceptualise on the project I have made a Heuristic Review of conversion channels of similar websites. After my findings I have updated key stakeholders on my findings leaving room for group conversations on what our competitors are doing and where should we place ourselves in terms of branding.


Gathering all the feedback from the group discussions I started to bring concepts to the table in terms of overall branding. Created a few mockups and sketches of the logo and presented them to the key stake holders.

In the meantime I looked at user behaviour on Google Analytics and my research that I gathered on the demographics. With this in mind I began to conceptualise on the major changes on the UI part that needed to be made.

I created a quick fix list with usability issues that needed urgent corrections. For example, grouping of elements on the home page. Elements needed to be grouped in sections so users could scan easily the gallery of games. A quick fix to this was to put h2 elements between the different segments of games. As these issues were a matter of quick fixes, the work on the project could begin without waiting for the whole redesign.

With the main usability issues fixed, I started working on the wireframes. I set up daily meetings with the key stakeholders to create a lean approach to the project. Taking different parts of the UI such as navigation, game tiles, banners and so on and discussing them I managed to get the ball rolling on the project.


Getting one of the designs approved I went on building quick design guidelines and a brand book to have the foundations in place. As well I started working on the UI part. Given the short time frame that I had, it was important to keep major structural changes to a minimum.

After having all the wireframes in place for the pages, I started creating the UI mobile and then desktop. I worked on the UI of the project and delegated the stylebook creation to one of the freelance designers. In this time the Developers started joining in the meetings and working on the redesign in parallel.


Looking at Google Analytics I decreased bounce rate by aprox 30% and this in term increased the conversion of new visitors.

As well I managed to put all the redesign and UX fixes in place in 6 months without the need of hiring an external design agency which in turn saved the company a five digit sum.



Web Log in